As we begin a new calendar year, I encourage you to ask yourself, WHAT AM I PRIORITIZING? A priority is defined as "something given or meriting attention before competing alternatives" (https://www.merriamwebster.com). It is an interest or desire that you focus upon more than or before others.
Be aware that it is really easy to focus upon current events, life challenges, and disappointments to the extent that it hinders you from accomplishing the things you have identified for this 2021 year. When this happens, it is because you have neglected your priorities. Yes, when you allow something else or someone else to alter your course of action, you are neglecting what you set as a priority. When priorities are neglected, you risk not achieving goals.
I have listed a few steps to help you identity and maintain your priorities:
- Make a list of what is important to you. What do you value such as, helping others, traveling, volunteering, writing, music, etc.
- Identify what you want to accomplish this year regarding career, finances, friendships/relationships, health, ministry, travel, self-care.
- Identify the TOP 5 goals
- Discard all the other goals so you can focus on the TOP 5
- identify the steps to accomplish each goal identified in #3
- Determine the timeline for each step in #5
- Get your calendar and identify set time(s) to devote to things that are important to you (listed in #1)
- Get your calendar and record the dates you identified in #6 to complete steps
- Review calendar daily, weekly, and monthly
- List accomplishments and TO DO
- Update daily, weekly, monthly
Photo by Jess Bailey Designs from Pexels